Personal Injury
Voted best attorney in Coral Springs/Parkland
for 12 years by readers of Coral Springs Forum

» Back to Video FAQs main page

Can I sue the driver of the car I was riding in if I was injured in a Florida car accident?

Video Transcript

Well, that depends. Florida is a comparative negligence state, which means that a jury can determine the percentage of fault for each driver. If the car you're in, if that driver was negligent in any way, then, yes, you can make a claim against their insurance as well. Also, there's a possibility of making an uninsured motorist claim against their insurance company. That's something that would need to be determined by an experienced personal injury attorney. That's why it's so important to get somebody involved in the process early if you're hurt.

Do you have a case? Call us at 954-341-2777 or submit the form on this page for a FREE consultation.